Bastian Peter is a photographer, mask maker
and publisher living and working in Basel, Switzerland.
Art & Street Photographer, Independent Publisher
Growing up an early curiosity developed surrounding what lies beneath any facade.
Publishing & Writing
Bastian Peter delves into art & street photography, veganism, and future-tech with curiosity. Involved in the family-owned Larven Atelier Charivari and co-founder of the swissstreetcollective – The Street Fotografie Kollektiv of Switzerland, he also contributes to The Vegan Online Magazine and manages FinanzFeed.ch. A supporter of animal rights organizations, Bastian seeks to articulate how veganism, animal rights, and blockchain technology could become the pillars of a brighter future. Along the way, he passionately embraces the alluring realms of art, knowledge, and open-hearted love, appreciating the freedom of an open lifestyle.
Art & Street Photography
Storytelling in many forms, especially photography and cinema, would fuel a passion for narrative and point of view. With a growing interest and a evolving eye, it feels natural for Bastian to explore a yet hidden side of Basel, Schweiz. Testing several different focal lenghts, Bastian is mostly drawn to 50mm. Self taught his work has been evolving into the use of colour and light as a vehicle for emotion and storytelling.
Publications and References
- Article “A Basis for Street Photography” on 42mm.ch featuring Bastian Peter’s views on street photography and the introduction of the swissstreetcollective.
- Bastian Peter on LenseCulture
- Invited as an Artist in 2021 to the Venice Photo Lab, where Bastian Peter exhibited his work in Venice, Italy, showcasing his perspective on street photography.
- Exhibition at the Treviso Photographic Festival in Treviso, Italy, where Bastian Peter was invited to display his captivating street photography work.
- Att the 7th Fine Art Photography Awards Bastian Peter received an Nomination
- Honorable Mention at the Monochrome Photographic Awards for his black and white photography.
- Podcast interview with create.photography podcast, Episode 056: Into the Night – A Conversation with Bastian Peter
- Following the COVID-19 crisis, Bastian Peter was one of the invited photographers to contribute to a book published by 35mmc.com, discussing the impact of the pandemic on their work, creativity, and professional life.
- Interview and feature on thepictorial-list.com about Bastian Peter’s photography process, the founding of the swissstreetcollective, the COVID-19 situation, and other interesting topics
- Exhibition of the photograph “Melancholia” and others from the series “Snowfall over Basel” at the SPC Awards and in large format at the Katapult gallery
- Online exhibition of a small photo series on socialdocumentary.net about the silent Black Lives Matter demonstrations in Basel in 2020
- Interview on documagazine.com about photography, the founding of the swissstreetcollective, and street photography in Switzerland in general
- Interview on danielsiggphotography.com about street photography in Switzerland and Peter’s personal approach
- Publication of Bastian Peter’s work in EYE-PHOTO Magazine, Volume #04, 2020
- Publications in various online magazines and platforms, including Foto Marlin Basel, Timeless Streets, Unposed Society Hannover, Street Storytelling, Street Avengers, F22bestphoto, streetizm, Sublime Street, Street Photography Brazil, VanSPC (Vancouver), Sublime Street, Republic of Street, Street Finder and others.